Wine and Olive Oil Tasting


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Chania
May 10th 2022
Published: May 10th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Chania


Working on a cruise ship definitely has it's perks. This year I visited Greece for the first time and every few days I get to join one of the shore excursions they offer. The best ones are usually the food an wine tours 😉

Last week I had the chance to go on a little half day trip to Chania on the island of Crete to try some local wines, pastries and olive oil. We started off with a walking tour of the old town of Chania, which is the biggest city in the south of Crete. It is a beautiful town, with loads of pictures little side streets and loads of local shops. Our guide was fantastic and she gave us loads of insides into the history of the town and the island itself. Before we left for the next stop our tour guide took us to sample some of the local pastry called Bougatsa, which is pastry filled with goat cheese. At the cafe Bougatsa Iordanis I had a cup of very sweet coffee and a whole plate of Bougatsa.

After we visited the old town of Chania we drove to a local winery and olive oil farm. At Anoskeli Winery the guide took us on a small tour into the production of their olive oil and after that all of us received a big plate with local sausages, breads and cheeses to accompany the wine tasting. It was a really nice afternoon and after five different white and red wines we also had the chance to sample some of their home made olive oil, which was really smooth.

I really enjoy the food tours when off ship and will hopefully get the chance to do a lot more of these soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb