Mountain High


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Macedonia » Vergina
April 18th 2009
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our Travls


Additional maps: Our travels

Austin Holding Up Winged LilyAustin Holding Up Winged LilyAustin Holding Up Winged Lily

Austin proceeds to sacrifice Lily to the Gods at Mt. Olympus (background).
From Austin and Lily:
We have been traveling extensively for the last few days. We saw many sites and views. Two days ago, we saw the city of Volos and the small villages high in the mountains next to it. Our lunch consisted of Tzaziki, bread, cucumber salad at 2pm. Most stores close between 2-5pm, when people eat their lunch. The stores reopen between 5-9pm, and they have dinner at 9pm.
----
Today, we visited Mt Olympus and hiked for 5 hours. There was snow on top of the 9000 foot peaks, but we didn’t make it to snow level. Our “school lessons” were received in view of the mountain, and for science we talked about how mountains form and the different types. I was looking forward to seeing Aries, the God of War, on a snow mobile, but I didn’t. Lily got sick on the mountain roads yet again.
----
Laundry has been difficult to do, as they don’t have coin operated laundry machines in Greece. Instead, we have washed them in the sink and hung them to dry each night. Finding rooms to rent has been easier because we are traveling in the low tourist season.
----
Lily loves
Mt OlympusMt OlympusMt Olympus

The most recent Godess in newer mythology, Lily, the Snack Time Godess.
lemons and bought one at the store to eat as is.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Valley of GreeceValley of Greece
Valley of Greece

Views from Delphi into the valley of Greece.
Prayer HousePrayer House
Prayer House

Many prayer houses are seen along the highway. Not a great omen for the high speed, small, winding roads.
PortiaPortia
Portia

View of the sea from the mountain side town in Portaria Greece.
VolasVolas
Volas

Waterfront in Volas, Greece, a seaside city.


20th April 2009

Amazing Views
You guys are seeing some amazing things! I hope you are enjoying it and that Lily stops getting sick on the winding roads! All the food reminds me of the Greek restaurant I worked at in college (The Omega Grill)...yummy! Take care and thanks for sharing your amazing adventures.

Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb