Thessaloniki 2005 toon army on tour


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Macedonia » Thessaloniki
September 28th 2005
Published: September 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Greetings,
Arrived safely but tired, the ferry from Santorini was fine and we sunbathed on the deck. The train was a bit different though and had a bit of a time trying to get a ticket, and then got shouted at a few times by passengers and conductors on the train because we are a bit dim and should have really learnt some Greek.

Our hotel is erm... cheap and I am sure there is blood in the corner of the room but it is just for sleeping and storing our bloody backpacks. Great shops here but no money so we are just looking. Tried to make it to Halkidilki beach but dont really want to talk about it, anyway we got to a beach but dont know where it was. We lay on some sun beds and decided we deserved some cocktails or taking a long long walk into the sea, decided on the cocktails and it was ok after that and would recommend bacardi and cherry juice for times of stress. The people were really nice there and gave us some free water and a bowl of fruit.

Leaving for Rome tomorrow and meeting Angela (from Newcastle, a geordie lass!)and Pin Pin (from Vancouver, living in London) which will be fun.

Wolf on!
Jen
P.S Waah I miss the islands!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a terrible backpacker



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb