To the islands, Greek heaven.


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Poros
May 2nd 2012
Published: May 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Joy oh joy! Poros. we love it and it forgives Athens many many sins!

Pireaus however just dragged our opinion of Greece further, so many people begging, I'm glad I can't understand much Greek, so what people are telling me must flows over me, from 80 to 8 I saw all ages begging in the streets. dealing with postal services was no better, about 5 different queues to just get post satchels. Then they expected me to get in another queue to get stamps, crazy!!!

Caught the flying dolphin hydrofoil which took one hour, arrived and caught a taxi to the Hotel Saga, cool and a pool!! Owners met us with a drink, juice for the kids and the owners home made raki with honey. unpacked and straight in the Pool for the next 3 hours!!!! Laying by the pool smelling the roses literally and blossoms from the trees.

Dragged our selves away to get ready for dinner, strolled into town and sat by the water at posidons taverna. spectacular views, all the sailing boats came in for the night so the tavernas filled up with yachties. We have one of the best meals of trip,everything was soooooo fresh, great service and company and amazing sunset, we will be back tomorrow night.

Home via a great park. Roll on tomorrow

1/5/12

Up late and then a lovey breakfast, homemade bread and jams, a hit with the kids was Freddie the bird , and chocco and Hermes the dogs. Found our way to the beach, such that it was. We all swam and did some beach combing. Back to the hotel and more swimming and lunch by the pool. At some point we lost Kasey in the hotel, found her in the kitchen nursing baby rabbits, she did give us a fright! the owner then insisted on plying us with his home made wine and quails eggs. Very hospitable. As it's mayday it is sort of like a mini public holiday, and part of the reason we decided to leave Athens. The owners have many family and friendsover for a meal. all very traditional and very inspirational.



Just sitting watching our ferry for tomorrow depart, the weather is amazing and according to the owners much hotter than usual. Church bells from two churches sound on the hour, echoing across the bay. We are surrounded by spectacular soaring mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

dinnerdinner
dinner

my fav, saganaki cheese


4th May 2012

Looks divine!
Where to next?
24th May 2012

us - truly it is
Hilarious! 'Truly' because it's so beautiful and so hard to believe you're there or 'truly' because you two have been caught looking so romantic! So lovely to see you all looking so happy in every photo. Are you enjoying the holiday even more in these warmer countries?

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb