Christmas Backpacker Style


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
December 26th 2008
Published: February 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

AthensAthensAthens

The happy couple on our first Christmas away from home.
Well we are in Athens now waiting for our family to show up tomorrow. I’m super worried they won’t make it in time because of all the snow back home. I’ve pretty much resigned myself to the fact that they won’t make it on time… I just hope they do make it!

The ferry ride from Santorini was really nice. BC Ferries should take some notes! It was Christmas Eve while we were on the ship, and very unexpectedly the crew served traditional Greek ginger cookies with champagne. We got into the terminal a little early (11:30 pm) which was super lucky because the metro in Athens only ran until 12:00 and we had to make a transfer. We ended up making the very last metro train headed downtown and rolled into bed at about 2:00 am after some very early Christmas morning Sahlep.

It’s Christmas day here at the hostel and they have planned a big feast. We actually e-mailed some hostels ahead of time and picked this one because they promised turkey. I had to wipe some of Alex’s drool off the keyboard! (Just kidding, but he is super excited)

So far we haven’t ventured out
AthensAthensAthens

The massive turkey feast for all the lonesome wanderers. Most of them were actually international students that couldn't afford to fly home for the holidays.
of the hostel except for some food from the tiny grocery store next door. So I’m afraid this particular blog entry may not have much info for our fellow backpackers… sorry guys, the next one will have some more informational tidbits.

Merry Christmas!

Advertisement



7th February 2009

hurry
those were great......keep going, I'm dying to see the Greece Christmas pictures and the horse farm in Australia...I want to come to turkey with you when you go back

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb