Day Twelve - Athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
June 7th 2007
Published: June 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Athens Athens Athens

View from the Acropolis
Yesterday we didn't have too early of a day. We got off the ship around 8 am and went to try and fetch a taxi. Getting at taxi at the port is not fun because everyone wants to try and screw the tourist by charging and arm and a leg and still expects some haggling. All the drivers also wanted to give us a tour, but we didn't want a tour. Finally we found someone who was willing to take all of us in his cab. It was not a comfortable ride at all and once we had been in it for a little while he decided he was going to increase the amount he was charging us by 15 Euros. Not cool. We eventually made it to the base of the Acropolis.

Catherine, Caroline and Dad went in on their own. Matt and I were meeting a friend from college who happened to be in Athens, Chrysse, and her husband Mike, so we waited for a while for them. It turns out they were at a different ticket center than we were, but we finally found each other. I think everyone enjoyed seeing the ruins, which were pretty impressive. Mom stayed in the shopping area the whole day. Chrysse, Mike, Matt and I ate lunch at a cute little cafe, which was actually pretty tasty. Then we met back up with the family at 2 pm. We shopped around for another hour and then headed back to the ship. It was great to see friends from home, but kind of pathetic that we had to travel half way around the world to be able to see them.

Matt and I took a quick dip in the pool after we got back on board. Then we ate dinner and hung out on the ship. At 10:30 pm was the International Crew Show in the Theater. It was pretty good, but most of the participants were Phillipino men, so there wasn't much variety. Oh well, maybe next time. We gained an hour back last night, so now we are back to 6 hours difference from the East Coast. Today we are at sea, so there might not be too much to tell later, but we shall see. Time for some breakfast!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Athens againAthens again
Athens again

From the Acropolis


Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb