Funny Greek Facts


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens » Pláka
May 16th 2021
Published: June 1st 2021
Edit Blog Post

Yes, I was in a college fraternity, and was often called a "Greek" even though I am not of Greek origin. We were known as a professional fraternity, but had the best parties on campus. But let's take a rather irreverent look at the Greeks, as we know them today. Greeks have the most sex in the world (and have held the title for ten years). Greeks were the first to go "full Monty" with the 1931 film, Daphnis and Chloe. Greeks stick together, as they have the lowest divorce rate in Europe, but have the highest abortion rate A Greek physician, Soranus, believed that sneezing was a form of contraception. . Hippocrates considered the human body to be just a bag of fluid. Before the invention of toilet paper, the Greeks tied sea sponges to a stick. The original Santa Claus was born a Greek. In ancient Greece, athletes performed naked. This might be okay if the athlete is Caroline Wozniacki or Paige Spiranac. Leprosy was grounds for a divorce in Greece until 1983. Ancient Greeks considered drinking undiluted wine a barbaric habit. Ancient Greece held the Olympic Games to honor the Greek god, Zeus. Greek was the most common language, thousands of years ago. Never leaves shoes lying on their side, it is considered bad luck! Greeks always enter and leave a house by the same door. Never leave a wallet or a purse empty. Don't take a boat unless it is seaworthy. Greece is the leading producer of sea sponges. Even Grandma never moves out. Greece began the first community dump around 500 BC. The official name of Greece is the Hellenic Republic. Greece is the third leading producer of olives in the world. Greeks are very superstitious. All Greeks over the age of 18 are required to vote. Do not, I repeat, do not EVER ask a Greek for Turkish coffee. Greece has 8498 miles of coastline. Not all feta is the same. They must have a dozen different ones. The national drink is ouzo. Food delivery scooters and motos are prevalent. Cab drivers try to hustle us on trips to far away tourist sites like Poseidon. Greeks do not treat people of color very well. However, I am doing okay. The food is impressive. Did I bore you? I am ready for coffee soon, strong, Greek coffee. PS: The idea of drunk Sinatra is quite vivid. He drank while performing on stage toward the end of his illustrious career. Good morning from a great city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb