athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens » Ekali
August 27th 2012
Published: August 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Still have probs with computers over here, just lost a long note i had written bugger! oh well shouldnt sit in foyer having a wine and talking to others on the tour at same time. Have now had lunch, 3 hour seista and last swim in the med sea. just across road but 2 lane highway with nad drivers and 2 tram tracks before you get there.

Kusidasi in Turkey entertaining to say the least, only there for one day so didnt see much more than the city and surrroundings as we cruised in and out. They certainly know how to hassle, as soon as they know fron NZ they say kia ora, and have all sorts of reason to come into their shops. Didnt buy much other than the normal souveniers and tea towel.



Having a problem with weight both the luggage and ourselves, posted a box of today i think it cost me more than the things inside.

Leave for the airport 6am so have to repack the bag tonight.

Santorini better than i imagined, lot of flat land as well as the steep cliffs, bus zigzags its way up from the port on very small roads, went to top of island 3,000 with septacular views. went wine tasting, they grow their vines on the ground and i cant see they would get a very good crop as everything very dry. water was crystal claer and could see stones on bottom even though way over our heads, still love the way we can just float so easily in the water.

There is just so many WOW moments, so i have heaps of photos and little videos but just cant get them on this computer.



will post this before it dissapears and must get another wine.



cheers

Advertisement



27th August 2012

Hi from home
Had a iook around your house and garden Bev,All is well,move over Middle Run your daffodils are spectacular,they would have been out well over a month and imagine will still be strong when you come home.Had 5 days of beautiful weather,theraputic after 21 out of 25days in August wet,a relapse today but clearing later. Great to hear your news ,you will have memories that will last a lifetime,we can close our eyes and visualise your experiences,can only imagine the flavours of the olives and wine,its the history and age of all around you,our little country only being a mere puppy. Loving your comments,keep up the blog. love mike and maureen

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb