A Bit o Brit - A Visit to Gibraltar


Advertisement
Gibraltar's flag
Europe » Gibraltar
July 3rd 2011
Published: July 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

To Gibaltar

Our trip to Gibraltar with a stop in Algeciras first.

There is a bit if British territory off the south of Spain. Gibaltar, or The Rock, is home to about 30,000 residents. One can see double decker buses, policemen in their old-fashioned uniforms and the distinctive red phone booths and postal boxes. An important site of several conflicts, including WW2, the mountain and caves are peppered with bastions. We took a bus about halfway up the mountain to Europa Point. Depending on where you are on the Rock, you can see the coast of north Africa. The top of the Rock is best reached by cable tram. Up at the top, we were greeted by George, a Barbary Ape. A colony of apes live among the trees and are always on the lookout for anything in a shiny wrapper. Sure enough, we saw one of George's friends crawl into the bottom of someone's baby stroller and grab an open bag of chips.

Anant was craving Indian food. There isn't much of that in southern Spain. The problem is, he wants it but ends up being disappointed. We did find a restaurant in Estapona, and yes, we were disappointed. The best food we have had so far has been Italian. Italy is one country over so that makes perfect sense.

Click on Photos to see the rest of the pictures. Next stop- Tarifa, Spain, the southermost point of Europe...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb