It's a small world


Advertisement
Europe » Germany
July 23rd 2008
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0599, 7.76593This hostel is loud - very echoey floors that carry the noise; you could hear a school group running around the other wing of the building, furniture being moved, a radio playing ... good thing for earplugs! There was some guy from Budapest in the room; we tried talking, but language difficulties made it difficult.After breakfast, I caught up on some blogs at an internet cafe... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zz
z

Mine wasn't the best kebab, but my rumbling stomach didn't care. I had asked for a kebab with fries and expected the on the side, but they were stuffed into the kebab.
zaza
za

Doug and Carmen each had a kebab and also split a small pizza - hungry guys, who hadn't eaten all day. It was funny, because Doug kept wanting to put the pizza box on the ground because it wasn't very classy with it in plain view. Carmen told him "We're in a wine garden, eating kebabs that we bought elsewhere - it doesn't get any less classier than this!" In the foreground is our wine carousel.
zdzd
zd

Here's the first group of wines, and our commentary: 1) Medium dryness. 2) Smells of pears. 3) These wines are starting to taste the same. 4) We're starting not to care how they taste. 4a) Very sweet. And why the hell is this wine #4a, and not #5? 5) Blah! 5a) Rose - blah! 6) Very fragrant aroma, almost like perfume. 7) Sour, with a chemical scent?
zeze
ze

The next group: 8) We noticed sugar crystals gathered in the bottom of the glass. Does this indicate high sugar content (and therefore sweetness), or a lack of hygiene standards on the part of the dishwasher? 9) Fruity smell, sour after taste. 10) Good! 11) OK! 12) The last one - it tastes like juice! You'll notice that my commentary no longer matches the numbers shown on the menu - that's what happens when you have a wine carousel!
zfzf
zf

Walking to the next wine garden, we ran into a couple of American ladies that were drinking at the previous wine garden.
zgzg
zg

Stumbling through the streets of Bacharach, tipsy on wine, and munching on pizza. Classy!
zhzh
zh

Carmen, with his roommate, and his roommate's girlfriend.
zizi
zi

This was probably the most hopping kebab shop in Germany tonight!



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb