A day on the beast!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
April 8th 2012
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.1657, 10.4515

Due to the nature of the trip, getting to Prague (proper stop 1) was the objective and therefore it was the first of (I am guessing many) the truck days! 8 hours bouncing around the German countryside. There were some spectacular scenes, of heavy plant industry, with the towers of white steam filling the atmosphere above, little square houses and ones with high pitched roofs, but sadly, one town became the same as the last and before long it was just time to set up camp again. After a little adventure down a small single track farm road (wrong turn!) with very low hanging trees (adding to the 'character' of the truck with a few scrapes along the side) and an interesting 'please don't get stuck in a ditch' many point turn, we rocked up, at what looked to be a lovely, flat grassed camping area. We were then told that the owner of the land ('the crazy German!) did not appreciate them there last year, and so we were directed to the woodland next to the perfect grass and told to pitch out of sight in there!!!

After clearing the sleeping mat killers (twigs!) off the ground, the tents went up with a little more ease than the previous night and dinner smelt immense. There was a gorgeous light as the sun set behind the truck and woodlands, however, as we sat to ate and said goodbye to the sun, the temperature began to drop! Seeing as we had set tradition the previous night, a little adventure walk into the woods was had, on discovering a shooting hide, the boys were in there element, but the girls, once had a look decided to head back 'cross country' to camp, in hysterics about various banters. It was then time for our first experience of the 'pee tent'.... smelt amazing as you can imagine!) before settling down for the night ready for another early alarm clock in the hope of making Czech Republic in reasonable time! The night was chilly, but sleeping in a tent is never really an issue for me. Fuelled with porridge the morning was on the truck until we hit our next border! - 3 countries down....... 376+678 km down.... a long way to go!

xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb