Best German Holiday Destinations You Ought To Visit!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
April 20th 2017
Published: April 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

One of the most picturesque countries of Europe, Germany, offers sweeping views of stunning landscapes, lush forests and mighty mountain ranges.


In addition, there are some busy cities with tall standing scrapers complete with rich architectural heritage and a glorious history! Be it the quaint yet classy boutique shops or the vibrant nightclubs, everything about Germany is welcoming. While this is an impressive fact, it may, however, leave you wondering as to which are the best German holiday destinations that you must visit. To get the solution to this conundrum, read on to know about the choicest destinations in this magnificent country, other than its popular cities.


Schwerin



The capital city of Mecklenburg, Schwerin happens to be a fairly old city. Housing the magnificent Schwerin Palace that rests on an island within an awe-inspiring enticing lake, also going by the city’s name, this city is nothing short of being a scenic wonderland. Home to the State Art Museum featuring work of Dutch painters from the 16th century along with the medieval and modern works of German artists, the heritage of this city is truly unmatched. However, what makes this city truly outstanding are the seven lakes that surround it.

Celle



Nestled on the banks of the River Aller, Celle serves as home to many attractions such as the St. Ludwig’s Celle, an 18th century catholic church, the Ducal Town known for its numerous timber-framed residential establishments as well as the Bomann Museum known for its stark and vivid display of local history. Celle also acts as a gateway to Lüneburg Heath which houses the splendid Schloss Celle. Essentially a magnificent castle, the baroque architecture of this structure truly deserves your attention.

Cologne



Offering an awe-inspiring view of the Rhine River, the city of Cologne is at least 2,000 years old. With some extremely fun-filled activities such as the cable car ride from atop the city with a spectacular bird-eye view of its majestic terrains, the city is every bit worth your while. Ideal for a family vacation, Cologne is home to some interesting attractions such as the Cologne Zoological Garden, the Cologne Cathedral along with many museums. However what makes this city more than just impressive is its Fragrance Museum, which is essentially the birthplace of the world-renowned Eau de cologne along with a museum dedicated to chocolate, the Imhoff-Schokoladen Museum! Now if that doesn’t sound interesting to you, we doubt anything ever will.

Bamberg



A town in the state of Bavaria, Bamberg has a remarkable historical background. Known to be the residence of a holy Roman Emperor, this city boasts of some of the most pristine medieval buildings. Home to the burial place of Pope Clement II and Emperor Henry II, this town stands bisected by its splendid rivers and gushing canals. With the entire old region of the town has been declared to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bamberg’s magnificence along with its rich and varied heritage is what makes it stand out as one of the best German holiday destinations . Adding to the charm of this town is a unique smoked beer, which goes by the name of Rauchbier!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb