Day 44


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 1st 2015
Published: July 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

First day in Munich and Michelle wants to get the hop on hop off tourist bus to have a look around.

It takes us past the monuments and buildings which are all important to the Germans.

We think after Italy and Paris they are pretty boring and some have weeds growing in them and others have cars parked all over them.

We also drove past the 1992 Olympic site and the main head office of BMW.

Next was the Nymphumburg Palace which also didn't seem to have the grandure of previous palaces and is set on grounds of 200 acres. We didn't get off the bus and walk around as our interest is wainning with this type of thing.

Arriving back at the hotel, we set off on foot to discover the main centre of Munich and look for some beer gardens.

Walking down the pedestrian only area we discover a few bell towers and might climb them later in the week.

We find the market area and see the few things that Germans are famous for.

Big pretzels, big cucumbers, big sausages and lots of beer.

We stay for a few hours whilst I sample the local product and watch all the different people come and go.

Some Germans are dressed in their traditional clothes, while others are just there socialising.

We sit near the self serve bar and watch a never ending queue of people buying either 500ml or 1ltr beers.

They are pre poured and you just choose one and go and pay.

I tell Michelle they will catch up with the line, but it never a happens.

We would have seen thousands of beers poured today and this is only one of many beer gardens.

Our choice for dinner is varied, but we find a nice seafood place that is cooking your selection fresh.

We choose this over german meats and sausages, but will partake before the week is over.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb