Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
August 15th 2010
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I've been in Germany for ten days now. Although it's been fun, there hasn't been much to publish about it. Most days I get up early and go to school with Airi, we hang out and shop around town afterwards. Fun things, but mostly everyday life. However on Friday, we went on our first sight seeing adventure in Jever, Germany. We drove about 45 minutes to the Schloß Museum Jever, a castle built in the 1300s, with loads of history stored it side. It was a small castle, but I loved it because there was virtually no security, it wasn't over crowded, and we were free to roam as we please. Not to mention that it only cost us 3 Euro for a pass that included climbing up into the tower. The basement of the castle was some sort of a crypt type area, we saw quite a few coffins down there, some as old as the 900s, and human remains as well. It was creepy, but fascinating.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



7th September 2010

Castle
Hi Katie, I loved your story on the castle. It sounds like you are enjoying your trip so far. I wish I could join you. Where are you now and have you started school yet? Enjoy your trip and school, have fun, but don't forget your homework. Everyone sends their love, we miss you already. Keep us posted on your new adventures. Take care.

Tot: 0.39s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb