Frankfurterville Update


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
July 28th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Apologies for the shortness of this message however I am buggered and its nearly time to head home. Arrived in Franfurt late yesterday after a huge day on the road seeing lots of motorways - not very exciting but managed to pass the time by listening to oom pa music when we reached germany. Actually the radio stations were pretty good and an italian staion was playing little birdy and some other Aussie music. We were very dissapointed not to hear any David Hasslehoff.

We had a meal near our campground which consisted of a schnitzel the size of an amphibious landing craft and a mountain of pomme frits washed down with a few stiens of beer the size of a large watering can. No wonder we have seen so many lard arses here in Frankfurt.

Today we had to take the vans back - ours was all good except for a step that had malfunctioned (perhaps Gav stepped on it???). The other vand had various issues - Al and Al with a roof malfunction, Gav and Roger with a toilet malfunction - Craig and james headed off for a couple more days on the road in the van.

Rog and Gav headed for Paris in a flash black mercedes, Al O to Barcelona to meet up with his family and Al M, Anthnony and I have a day and a half in Frankfurt (assessment so far - this is about 1 day too much!). Probably do a tour around the city tomorrow before we board the plane for home. I will ensure I get a bratwurst snag too.

When I get home I will add some more pics and a final summary of the tour. Thanks to everyone for your comments and messages. We have all had a fantastic time.....highlights......climbing lots of mountains, watching the tour fly over the Aspin, seeing Cadel take yellow at Hautacam, meeting Phil Liggett at Alp d Huez, seeing Sastre effectively win the tour at Alp d huez...too many others to mention

Advertisement



29th July 2008

SAFE TRAVELLING
Hi Rod, can't wait to see the photos and hear the stories. Travel safe. See you when you are back at work. Karen ps. please excuse my spelling mistake - Phil holding is noise obviously should have been nose - obviously I was very excited and as I always say - public and pubic are both words and spell check doesn't distinguish between them.
29th July 2008

Dad, as you can see, three people have made comments about your supposedly unwashed jerseys, so it a matter of serious concern for us. You should be happy that you have so many people that care about your clothes washing habits. Anyway, it's pretty borng here, although I got into Team 1 for soccer and Chilli spent the whole day in her cushion house and when we tried to remove her she attached herself to the bottom of it and refused to have a dancing session with us. We all eagerly await your return (unless you still have that moustache, in which case we will disown you). Love from Ellie.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb