On our way...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
June 6th 2019
Published: June 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

On our way! Only about 1/2 hour behind schedule. Incredibly hectic morning trying to get out despite getting up before 5:00. Left Samantha with a huge to do list.....sorry, Samantha!

Took the red eye to Frankfurt and both of got a bit of sleep so we felt okay after landing. Decided to head out into the city as we had a 8 hour layover. Took the train to the old section of town and ended up in this quaint, very German square. There was lots going on there - two weddings, school trips, musicians, mimes. We wandered around a bit until we found a cafe on the river where we had a German lunch - schnitzel, sausages, potato salad....and, of course, beer. Next we took a leisurely cruise down the river for an hour and a half.

Hopped the train back to the airport. On the train, we had s nice chat with some 20 somethings who were on their way to a rave. They were fascinated by Canada’s legalization of weed and wished us well.

One lesson learned: never leave the security area at Frankfurt airport. It took an hour and a half to go back through security. It was a madhouse. We finally made it through and are taking advantage of the wifi.

Next stop......South Africa!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb