Leipzig and BMW 3-23-2009


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Leipzig
March 25th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

City of LeipzigCity of LeipzigCity of Leipzig

Leipzig, German Home of BMW Plant #22
Day 12 - Monday

I got up early to see the last sights of Lepizig and Susan joined me. This is one historic town and I will recommend to Dr. Meyer that we come back in the near future.

The program at the BMW Plant was very interesting. It's plant number 22 of 22. Maybe 5 years old. They assemble about 425-725 series 1 and 3 per cars per day. I do not know anything about BMWs, but the plant tour was fascinating. Read the Ex Summary by Joe and David in the DrakeSmart website, . Sorry, no pictures allowed.

By the way, Dr. Meyer was in heaven at the plant. We were able to see the body shop, which is almost 100 percent automated with robotics. Words can't describe how this works. Then we went to the finishing line where it is more a manual process. In this line, the interior of the car is put together in stations. Again, fascinating. The last station was the paint station, which we saw out of order. Well, we did not see the vehicles being painted, we watched a movie. In all, this was a great tour.

Dr. Meyer
is now a complete person" with this tour. Many in the group were too.
Off we go to Munich for beer and brats.

Food has been great thus far, weather cool. Anything unusual, well that stays in Europe. If you want the details, you have to pay the $4,000 to be in the loop.

LongStory Short,
Ann




Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb