A visit to Dresden


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
September 7th 2006
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Augustus the StrongAugustus the StrongAugustus the Strong

immortalised in a pretty cool statue.
Geo: 51.0696, 13.5834

Just a quick note about the German city of Dresden. After leaving Berlin, we set off early morning towards the Czech Republic, with a 3 hour stopover in the German city of Dresden. This city was really beautiful, much different to that of Berlin. This city was very old fashioned, with cobble stone roads, and heavy brick stone buildings. also had a fantastic huge cathedral. its amazing how some of these buildings were constructed.
One of the chapels here actually holds the preserved heart of the great "Augustus the Strong," long departed hero of this city. There was also this cool funky penguin related soft serve icecream which was cool. Tragically, after leaving this city, things took a turn for the worse.... the bus blew its "turbo pipe" thing.. leaving us stranded at a German truck repair station for 3 hours, ruining the day, and scrapping our prospective night in prague... Irritating stuff. we eventually made it through though to Prague at around 9pm.. where a good solid night of drinking chased the blues away.

And to clarify the amsterdam bit.. i was first off to bite the banana.. so it was alright.. lol.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

DresdenDresden
Dresden

Another Dresden shot..
Icecream time!Icecream time!
Icecream time!

Chi and I seductively eat ice cream from a Penguin Logo'ed soft serve place. I clearly asked for the green one, and they gave me red... oh well.
Inside the KathedralInside the Kathedral
Inside the Kathedral

shot of the alter inside the Kathedral
Kathedral Interior againKathedral Interior again
Kathedral Interior again

the other side of inside the Kathedral
Murals of DresdenMurals of Dresden
Murals of Dresden

Murals painted across one of the streets of Dresden depicting significant stories of the towns history.
Museum SquareMuseum Square
Museum Square

The square of Dresden, surrounded by 4 museums. the actual square itself is pretty cool, didnt have time to get in the museums.
Streets of DresdenStreets of Dresden
Streets of Dresden

just a random shot again. We didnt have much time to actually sightsee here, just a few hours. which become many more, after the coach broke down, we got to know the German servo for a few hours.
The KathedralThe Kathedral
The Kathedral

The towering cathedral in Dresden. It supposively contains the heart of Augustus the Strong, (the hero who ruled over this town for so long).


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb