Dresden Day 2


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
July 3rd 2014
Published: July 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today in Dresden was a bit slower but worth it. A stroll in the Zwinger Palace was cool, they have four different exhibits, a math and science, porcellon and something else I cannot remember, I checked out the arts one based on suggestion from a travel book and it was definitly worth it. They had a lot of works from Druerer and I even saw an original from Rapheal that was really cool. The architecture here is amazing not only in the design, but also the symetry of the buildings. The art of the time was interesting and there were a few paintings of saints that stook out in my mind, sadly pictures were not allowed and I could not remember the names of them. One was a temptation of a saint in a cave, there were jousting frogs in the air along with other odd things going on.

I secret that was kind of cool was under the art museum and was the original fort of Dresden, it contained part of the first bridge in Dresden as well, over time they cut off the water and enclosed the bridge into the fort.

In the evening a bunch of people in dirndls and lederhosen started popping up all over, turns out there was an Austrian folk singer performing near the river and all these people were hyped up for it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

outside zwingeroutside zwinger
outside zwinger

like everything in germany this was under reconstruction
courtyard of zwingercourtyard of zwinger
courtyard of zwinger

was suppose to be the versailles palace in germany


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb