From Belgium, via a bit of the Netherlands, to Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Solingen
June 7th 2017
Published: June 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Much motorway was seen today. Belgian, a little bit belonging to the Netherlands and some German. All pretty boring and more or less flat. A few traffic jams to get past 'incidents' but nothing major to hold us up.

We stopped at services in Belgium for a leg stretch and I was intending to buy some lovely Belgium chocolate but it could have been an Esso garage in the UK and there was no lovely chocolate to be had only Mars bars and the like. Shame.

I kept a list as we went along of all the country marks on the vehicles we passed (manly enormous trucks), which passed us.
A B BG CH CZ D E F GB H I IRL LT PL RO SLO SK TR think that's all of them. I note that we saw very few GB in comparison to all the other countries. I concluded we weren't exporting very much !.

We bypassed Brussels without much difficulty heading ever Eastward and then across a small spit of the Netherlands without any notice we had crossed the border. Then into Germany where we bypassed Koln and at last pulled off the motorway for the last 10 miles.

We were heading for Solingen or at least near there, by the river Webber, to our campsite Waldcamping Gluder. A peaceful site by the river, though the view of the river is 99% obscured by prime location permanent pitches which block off all but a tiny bit of access to the water's edge. I thought this was rather a shame.

Otherwise no complaint. Clean, quiet, friendly and though the bar was shut today it will be open tomorrow.

We managed a walk, between showers. along the river on the other side of the road in an area labelled as nature reserve. I think that's what it said but my German is poor, well almost non-existent but many words can be guessed.

Hoping for a dry day tomorrow so we can go to Wuppertal on the scooter. Mainly dry today so we are hopeful. Certainly much, much less windy thank goodness.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb