Locked Out in Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Solingen
May 31st 2012
Published: June 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we left Hanjo’s house and we are waiting for our plane to Mailand. That’s german for MILANO, BABY!!!! We are really excited for the next chapter of our trip but we will definitely still think back on the awesome time we had in Germany with our very good friends. Last night was the most memorable part.

My sister and I went out with Hanjo's sons and Hanjo gave us the keys to the apartment so that we wouldn't have to wake anyone up when we came home and we could come back at any time. We had a beer and talked at their apartment with Moritz's girlfriend there too and we just laughed about all the differences between our cultures and about all the interesting things that we discovered during our stay. Later they dropped us off and we unlocked the door to the building with our keys, but when we tried to unlock the apartment door we couldn't get in. We tried again and again. We didn't understand why because the key fit in perfectly but no matter how much we tried it was useless! We even went back downstairs to see if we could learn something from how we unlocked the first door. We tried for about an hour. I even peed outside like a frickin' homeless person. It was ridiculous. We thought we were going crazy. By that time it was 2am and we didn't want to wake anybody up especially as guests in the house, so we decided to sleep just outside the door, using cushions on the outside bench as pillows and we just laid there to fall asleep.

The whole thing was pretty funny so we laughed about it and we also talked about serious things about our family. At 4am, Sylvia started to change her mind about sleeping outside and almost decided to wake everybody up and just sleep inside but I convinced her why I thought it would be pointless since we spent all that time trying to get in and having decided to sleep outside to not disturb them. We ended up sleeping there.

6am. I woke up and found my sister laying down on the bench by the door. She seemed desperate and she said that she didn't sleep at all. We tried to get into the apartment again and we even knocked on the door and rang the bell several times but no one answered. We had no patience at that point so my idea was to go out and get some bread for the family and get something to eat and drink to kill time and recover from last night. As soon as we stepped outside we were freezing to death so to stay warm we ran as fast as we could. I realized I had no money so we stopped at the bank and we kept running but we had no idea where we were going. We actually just guessed where town was, but man was it a blast! Of course we were a little scared, scared of not finding the place or getting into trouble with someone who noticed we were lost. I think that was all the paranoia. Anyway, we finally found a bread shop and it was like we found heaven! Bread and espresso never tasted so good and we got enough to share with everybody. We eventually got home and Hanjo finally opened the door for us, in his boxers, and we just went upstairs and slept in our clothes. Story time that day was very exciting! Everyone felt bad for us, not because we were incapable of opening the door but because we slept on a cold hard floor and they were glad we had fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb