Travelling


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Europe

Bus from Amsterdam to Dusseldorf. Train to Essen (Kettwig. Train and tram to Meerbusch.

Is cool. Very cool.

Don't know why I didn't start earlier because I'm loving this.
More than a week since that last entry and yet it feels like way longer, I've done so much and met so many people.

Spent a few more days in Amsterdam with Salim, first night in quite a nice hotel but with a grumpy man. After a lot of free breakfast we set out to find a cheaper place and ended up for the next few nights at Aivengo Hostel, tucked away just near Centraal station. Only 18€ (yes, the sign comes after the number, weird I know) and with free internet. Met a few cool people, wandered around the city doing touristy things, getting lots in the identical little streets with canals and bridges and spending all our money on food. Had a good night out in Leidsplein (also where we went on Sunday for a shots, Jazz and clubbing extravaganza) and even manage not to get back to the hostel in time for 4am curfew.

On Thursday we caught up on sleep on the bus journey across the border to Deutschland, arrived in Dusseldorf that evening and got the train to Jerome's place. Spent a few days there, explored Essen (which means 'eat' in German lol), met some locals and with their help tried to improve my almost non-existant German skills. Was very happy to find prices were a lot cheaper than Amsterdam, resulting in lots of hotdog eating and beer drinking.

I'm now staying with Jana near Dusseldorf, this morning got up and went to school for the first time in months which felt quite weird but was also pretty interesting. Turns out German school isn't that different after all! Although the things they were talking about were probably more in depth than what we normally do back in little old NZ, wonder how many people in our Year 11 English class would have known what 'Egotistical' means..

Taking this opportunity of internet to load up pictures and videos and everything, am leaving this week to do some travelling/camping with Emma (who I met on the plane on the way over from NZ). Should be fun, just need to buy myself a sleeping bag. So, tschüss!

Last Laugh:
Jana and I were watching videos from the weekend in Amsterdam, good times. Oh and also watched Flight of the Conchords last night, those boys crack me up 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb