New level of travelling


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Dortmund
September 4th 2006
Published: September 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Have made it to Germany. Enjoyed Ireland, staying with Collette was great, met most of her sisters, ate well and drank - would have been rude not to. Spent one night with Anne and David and their children, the glass seemed to be magic as it kept filling up. Was a great night just sitting and chatting about all sorts of random stuff. Went out for lunch the next day to Dunmore which is a small fishing village where some of the houses still have thatched rooves.

Went out for dinner on Saturday night to a Thai restaurant - have to say it was the best meal I have had the entire trip. Lamb with mint and chilli served with rice and vegetables with Bailey's cheesecake for dessert.

Left yesterday and after a delayed flight to Luton London slept on the airport floor, you see how I mean new levels. Best thing about living out of a suitcase is the fact that you have everything with you. So got out the sleeping bag, pillow and made quite a comfortable bed. And in the morning had tooth brush etc to make me feel human again. Did get up early check in was 5:45am. Again delayed but only slightly. Made it to see Chi Hnag, so nice to see a familiar face at the airport rather than doing everything by myself. We spent today walking around the city, had a nice lunch.

Tomorrow we start looking at what I am going to do for the next 2 weeks while I am here. We have a few ideas, Tatjana another of my ex-flatmates may come on Sunday to visit which would be great.

Anyway had better go, hope you all enjoy the new photos. Have the use of Chi Hang's computer which meant I had the time to load some more onto the messages.

Three weeks to go.

Bye for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb