Koln with the Hesse's


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Cologne
March 25th 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

a cathedrala cathedrala cathedral

not the famous gian gothic one
Finally, The Europe leg of our journey has arrived. And it couldn't have come at a better time, the harsh living conditions of India were starting to get to us. We landed in Frankfurt, after flying back to Bangkok, staying the night in the airport, then flying to Singapore, and then finally to Germany. We spent the night but agreed to get out as soon as possible because we would be coming back in May, so the next morning we took off for a small town named Bergish Gladbach, located just outside of Cologne. There we would stay with family friends; Lindsey and Jana Hesse. Our first night, we enjoyed a home cooked pasta dinner with cheese, beer, wine and bread... exactly what we had been dreaming about for weeks. The rest of the night was thoroughly enjoyed much to the help of the red wine and beer and the company whom Lindsey and Jana invited over. The next four days were spent touring Cologne; visiting the Cologne Cathedral, the biggest Gothic Cathedral in the world. Shopping and browsing the trendy stores (mostly HMs). Enjoying Cologne's finest local brew in a beer house, too much fun. And picking up on some German. "Du biste ein schatz," and "Ich bin geil." "You are a treasure," and "I'm horny." We also got a chance to visit Bonn for a day. The weather in Germany has been abnormal as of late, it was snowing while we were visiting. And we were very obviously unprepared, clothing wise. Evan bought a sweater, I'm still looking.
Ah, the narrow streets, the cobblestone, the coffee, wine, cheese, bread, beer, the buildings, the style, that European atmosphere. We were deffinitely ready for Europe. Our plans over the next few weeks are vague, to say the least. We want to do as much as possible and see as much as possible with our Eurail passes. We will keep you up to date. Our next stop though, is Amsterdam.
We would like to say a special thank you to the Hesse's for letting us stay at their place, and especially to Lindsey and Jana for putting up with us.
Much love,
Chris and Evan


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

First nightFirst night
First night

lindsey and evan. wonderful pasta dinner and wine.
snow in germanysnow in germany
snow in germany

outside the hesseĀ“s


Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0852s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb