Bergisch Gladbach


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

A bit of a slower start to today due to too much fun being had last night lol.

Tonz and I walked into Bergisch Gladbach via the forest that is right near their house. It is such a beautiful place. There had been a huge storm a few months back with hurricane like winds and some of the big, 100 + year old trees had been blown over as well as many of the pine trees. You could see big patches that are now missing trees and there is timber being cut and piled up for removal. Luckily there are still many parts that survived though.

Firstly we went to Aldi as I wanted to get a SIM card for my phone. So much cheaper to buy the SIM over here - and within the EU there is no need for 'global roaming'. The only country I won't be able to use my SIM is Switzerland ??. After that little job was done, we ventured off to find Vince & Alison. They had walked down from their hotel and were trying to find something to eat, as they had missed the breakfast. We met up with them at a Greek restaurant called Symposium and all had a bite to eat.

After lunch we walked through the town then walked back to Tonz & Susi's place. We sat down in their garden area for a while, chatting and catching up. It was quite lovely outside today although getting a tad hot. After a while we drove to drop Alison back at the hotel and Tonz, Vince & I went shopping to buy some food for dinner.

Came back and prepared dinner and because it was a lovely day, we decided to set up the table downstairs outside. In this apartment block there are 6 apartments. Downstairs Jul & Nina live as well as Susi's Mum (Muma) and Dad (Pupa). On the first floor is Tonz & Susi and then above them, her brother Wolfgang has an apartment! Wolfgang was in Vienna visiting Basti for the weekend but every one else came for dinner. Not so much alcohol was consumed tonight (we were all a bit fragile) but fun times were had. Little Evi is a delight and such an entertainer! It was also wonderful to be able to see Susi's Mum & Dad again after all this time.
All of us! All of us! All of us!

Me, Alison, Vince with Evi, Tonz, Nina,Susi and Julian.


After dinner was over, Vince headed home and we cleaned up. Susi, Tonz and I sat on balcony and had a glass of wine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb