A New Travel Companion


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Lower Saxony » Hannover
July 26th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.3721, 9.73569

Today was our last in the Netherlands, though we wouldn't be leaving the country alone. We organized to take a living souvenir with us on a temporary basis. Not kidnapping, but an arrangement for my cousin Marielle to join us for a week in Germany. We woke, had breakfast and packed our things. We left Jonathan's beer glass and bunch of souvenirs behind with the Vonks for postal to Australia (Mum and Dad, expect another package). It was time for another goodbye. We had really enjoyed our time in Heteren with Jan and Joke. We really enjoyed their company and appreciated all the kind hospitality.
Again, we caught the train from Ede to Amsterdam. We met Marielle and boarded a train bound for Germany. It was a long ride. Two trains; the first was just crap and second delayed an hour in our stopover in Hannover. Whilst the second train was better, the delay meant an overcrowded train with jostle for any seating.
Finally, after about 7 hours, we arrived at Berlin Hbf around 11pm. We negotiated passage to the area of hotel by metro train and short walk, getting in around midnight. Its a nice hotel, just warm with no ac. Its hot in Germany, and only going to get hotter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb