The Fairy Tale Castle


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Hanau
July 11th 2014
Published: July 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

You never know what you are going to find when you set out to explore a new place. Today's discovery was pretty cool.

The rain had finally stopped so we got out the bikes and headed out. One of the great things about Europe are the bike paths. Most of the time when a road is built the bike path is built at the same time. We will miss them when we get back home.

We rode to a park in the little community of Wilhelmsbad. Not exactly sure what this used to be but now the buildings are used for cultural events. There is a toy museum in one of the buildings and an enormous carousel in another.

But the best part was the ancient remains of a castle complete with a moat. It looked like a castle right out of a fairy tale. I was wondering if there was a troll under the bridge or a wicked witch behind the door. Perhaps I have been reading too many of those Grimm Fairy tales. But now I see what inspired some of their stories. These buildings were here when they were young. It was pretty exciting to see--it made my day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



11th July 2014

The Castle
I love this entry. I want to go to the Castle too!
11th July 2014

OMG HOW COOL!!!
What a wonderful find! It is just like a fairy tale and yer, you have been reading too much Grimm! Ha! Thank you for sharing this... I will dream of it!

Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb