another day in Fulda and Thai massage plus some background on Fulda


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Fulda
June 19th 2012
Published: June 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Claudia went off to work and I went off with Sophia to see her school and Martin gave us a lesson in how to make cappacino - he has professional equipment to do so! they have a GREAT kitchen, we're motivated to put some of the cabinet/cooktop/refrigerator ideas in place in our kitchen sometime.

not long after we arrived in Fulda, I thought it would be nice to have a massage, so Claudia arranged for us to have a Thai massage today!!! Martin, Craig and I pedaled into town to Tara Thai Massage & Spa and enjoyed the most enjoyable experience for an hour. Afterwards we had a nice lunch at Vini and Panini then over to the Kroedel's medical office to say hi to Claudia. then back to the house where we lounged around for the rest of the day and skyped with Stephani in Manhattan Beach. Craig forgot the camera so no photos of our pedaling around.

a little about Fulda, Germany . . . . The Benedictine monastery of Fulda was founded in 744 by Saint Sturm, a disciple of Saint Boniface, as one of Boniface's outposts in the reorganization of the church in Germany. It later served as a base from which missionaries could accompany Charlemagne's armies in their political and military campaign to fully conquer and convert pagan Saxony. Fulda lends its name to the Fulda Gap, a traditional east-west invasion route used by Napoleon and others.

Fulda brags about it's healthy job market, prospering trade, comparatively sound demographic development and most of all a high standard of living.

It's right in the middle of Germany so it's easy to get anywhere by train or car. the weather is typically overcast during the spring and summer and they get snow during the winter. Fulda is a very nice little city of about 70,000.

Craig and I agree that if we were to live in Germany, Fulda would be the place!

Tonight we're going to have homemade pizza and watch a movie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb