Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
July 17th 2014
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0924, 8.68195

Frankfurt am main. Or Mainhatten as it is nicknamed, due to its glass skyscrapers. Unfortunately 80% of Frankfurt was bombed during WWII so hideous 50's architecture is everywhere.

It's a beautiful sunny warm day and already we've covered 6km on foot. Sitting in Romeberg square having a rather large stein to ward off the heat.Omg! The religious convention people have just appeared. "Chris, grab me that scarf from the stall behind you. I need to disguise myself"

Tomorrow is Christopher Street Day named after the gay riots at the Stonewall Inn NYC 1969. Rainbow flags are everywhere and the festivities look as though they'll be fun and the German people are not known for their prudishness. What timing!

Met a couple from Melbourne well worn but well travelled. Walked on and through a flower market. The smells are just amazing.

Tonight we are off to dinner with an old mate of Chris' who now lives here.

Dinner was fantastic though not sure how the body will react to that frankfurt (not made from the sausage) cider in the morning.

pics to follow. Download problems again


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb