Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
October 27th 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Frankfurt BuildingsFrankfurt BuildingsFrankfurt Buildings

Old and the new.
Sarah and I spent our first two days in Frankfurt, getting over jetlag and getting into the German language (though many people, especially the young people speak very good English.) Some words are easy as they sound the same (eg. old is spelled alt but prounounced the same as old but with a German accent.)

Frankfurt is very business oriented though there are some nice squares in the old town and an easy riverside path. We have read that the weather at this time of year can be overcast and rainy and we were not dissapointed. Mostly it has been grey with a little drizzle here and there, but during our walking tour it started to rain and we just had time to rush under part of a building before it came down in sheets.

In one of the squares there where some older men doing what I can only assume is traditional German dancing. They did not seem very excited about it but they were jumping and kicking quite high.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

GothicChurchGothicChurch
GothicChurch

All they big churches are look like this.
tttttt
ttt

I still haven't figured out the sound to use for ttt.


Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb