Frankfurt Arrival Day


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
September 12th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sweating DanSweating DanSweating Dan

Dan was hurrying so much to make it to our house for the limo pickup, he was soaked in sweat.
Our overnight flight to Frankfurt went very smoothly. We even arrived about 1/2 hour early. Germany is 7 hours ahead of us in Chicago. We departed at 7:40 PM from O'Hare and arrived in Frankfort at 11:30 local.

We couldn't check into our hotel until 2:30, so we decided to take a long walk along the Main River, which runs through the middle of Frankurt. It was a beautiful day, sunny and high 70's. We walked through an old section of town called the Rumer, which is kind of a large square with old cathedrals and shops.

We stopped at an outdoor cafe right on the river and participated in the national pastime, having a couple beers with the locals. We're trying to get our days and nights back in order (I'm writing this at 4:30 AM) and tomorrow we take a cruise on the Rhine River between the towns of Rudesheim and Koblenz.







Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

RestaurantRestaurant
Restaurant

From 1479
Street NameStreet Name
Street Name

Close to Jan's "Brubach"


13th September 2010

How's the beer?
So is the beer stronger than here at home? Did you or Dan have to pay extra for your huge suitcases? :) Glad you all made it safe!! I'm holding down the fort here...no parties....yet! Love ya!
13th September 2010

How's the Beer
I don't know yet if it's stronger. It is not as carbonated as American beer, which I like. Dan's bag was 9 pounds overweight at O'Hare and he had to take some things out and put them in our carry on. What new??
13th September 2010

Yay
glad you got there okay. i am so happy for you guys. jealous. really jealous but really happy for you. Prost!!!
16th October 2010

"Why did I try to pack so many shoes!"
Dan broke out in a sweat because he knew his luggage was over the 50 lbs. limit! How would he be able to bring home those great Beer Steins!!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb