Our First Day in Germany - Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt am Main
May 15th 2023
Published: May 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We arrived bright and early Monday morning in Frankfurt, Germany. After a short taxi ride to the hotel we checked into our room and started out on a little adventure to find a geocache. We found our way to the tram after a little walk and figured out the correct stop to reach our goal. After another walk to the final location Fred had the geocache in hand and signed the log. We then made our way back to the hotel via the tram. We had several other caches to look for, but after an all night flight and a longer than expected excursion to the first one, we decided resting in the hotel until our welcome dinner this evening.

Our welcome dinner was held at a restaurant, Zum Storch am Dom. We boarded our bus to drive to the restaurant taking in a few sites as we walked from the bus through a small park area. Along the way passing St. Paul's Church, with a memorial to JFK, the Monument to the German Revolution, several fountains, the Town Hall, and the Cathedral.

Dinner was traditional Sour Beef and Knödel with a fruit parfait for dessert. Schnapps were served all around (I did not partake).

Tomorrow we will take a short River Boat ride and travel to Cologne.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb