German Adventures: Part 4 - Hamburg Calling


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
October 2nd 2011
Published: December 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi everyone!



Hope you are enjoying the lovely weather! We certainly were!

Yesterday a group of us Erasmus students went on a day trip to Hamburg (which with our semester ticket was free) And walked around the city and went to one of the river beaches.



There was about 20 of us who left in the morning for the train which took about 75 minutes. When we arrived in the city, we walked around seeing some of the sights like the town hall and the port, before we reached the river boat station, which for just over €2 took us upstream to one of the river beaches (and with it being almost 30˚C, meant many people had turned up). The rest of the group stayed later and went into the city to party, but with classes and nights out all week i decided to go home and sleep. It was a good trip and nice that so many of us went.



Back in Bremen things seem quite weird....We can't register for modules until Tuesday (or even see the timetable), yet the lectures appear to begin on Tuesday too. (Monday is the National Day, and so is a bank holiday) So it all seems very disorganised!



On Friday we had a city scavenger hunt in the Afternoon, where we were all put into 11 groups. It cost everyone €5 and the teams who placed in the top 3 won some prizes. After it had concluded, we sat down in one of the lecture theatres and were given some food. It was such a lovely warm day that it was really nice to see the city sights like the Roland statue and the Schnoor area (very similar to The Shambles in York). And luckily for us we came 2nd so we won some prizes - well worth that €5! haha.



Hope you all enjoy whats left of the lovely weather!

Kevin.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb