The Last Day


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
July 12th 2010
Published: July 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As the weather begins to change as evidenced by the roll of thunder here in Hamburg, I suppose it can also be viewed as the harbinger of change marking the time to head back across the Atlantic towards home!

Heidi and I took a group into the main city of Hamburg today in hopes of satisfying their intense urge to rectify their procrastination regarding gift shopping needs. There were quite a few who needed to buy anything they could find for friends and family back home.

We hit up a few shops and then just plain enjoyed the city one last time. All in all, it was a good day.

Everyone is home now for one last dinner with their host families. We'll rise at, or some will just stay up until, about 3:30am and head for the airport. Our flight will depart for Frankfurt at 7am and by 11 tomorrow night German time, we'll be home with no doubt excited families!

It's been a great experience here in Hamburg! Our German hosts did whatever they could to make us comfortable and show off their fine city. It was a great chance for our students to learn and grow as they had to work through being away from what they are accustomed to. I think our students did a wonderful job with that and are going to return home better prepared to handle the rigors of high school, or whatever life may now throw their way.

It will also be fun to see who has caught the serious case of travelitis and returns to Europe!

I, like most on this exchange am very much looking forward to the comforts of home. I do realize however, and the kids will no doubt discover, that soon they will be looking back fondly on this experience and in many cases before too long, will be wising they were back here in Germany with all the adventure and freedom that this place affords.

I will update the blog soon after we arrive home with more pictures and hopefully very soon there will be a link to a site that you can download pictures from the trip! Keep checking back!

It has been an absolute pleasure to travel with this group!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb