Heide-Park!!!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
July 8th 2010
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Heide- Park ROCKS!!!

It was a great day today! The weather was awesome and the crowds were thin. We arrived at about 10:30, after about an hour on a very comfortable charter bus. I know the bus was travelling at the same speed they do in the states, but the combination of the anticipation of a fun day at the park and the fact that German cars were zipping past us like we were standing still on the autobahn made it seem like we were stuck in slow motion.

The kids fanned out around the park immediately and the fun ensued. Seven hours of brilliance in the sun!

The biggest change was that we arrived bit later and stayed until close by American request. At 4pm, other groups began to leave and the lines literally disappeared! My group hit about 7 major rides during the day and 5 more in the last two hours due to the lack of lines!

It was a great day, but an exhausting day. I didn’t take my camera, so I’ll just link some videos of the rides we went on today!

Desert Race : My Favorite!

Colossos : Huge!

The Limit : Just plain wicked!

Scream : And everybody does!

Big Loop : Fun!

Bob Bahn : Complete with German Techno-Polka music!

Tomorrow is the Rathaus (town hall) tour. Afterwards, a smaller group is going to head over and climb the Michel tower. Many students have plans with their families as well.

We’re coming up on the last weekend here in Germany! It is amazing how fast time flies!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.1623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb