Berlin never sleeps.


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
January 13th 2009
Published: January 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Brandenburg GateBrandenburg GateBrandenburg Gate

Berlin 2008
Dear Backpackers,

I'm Max, a 25 years old kid who discover his passion:travelling.

For my first travelblog experience i'll take you to my favorite - as of today - place:Berlin. So much history, the town where the future of our planet and all humanity, as been put at risk!!! But Berliners does'nt stop where it almost ended, actually they showed to the world that there was still hope and happyness and they used those events to give a new life to Berlin.

For your stay, i personnally recommand the Heart of Gold hostel located at Friedrichstrabe (S-ban or U-ban station) Johannistr. 11,10117 Berlin. Or visit: www.heartofgold-hostel.de

Very well situated in the Mitte, a hood that gain his reputation trought the years for it's incredible nightlife. In that subject your first stop should be at the #54 Oranienburger STR (5 minutes walk from the hostel). Where you'll find the Café Zapata, with a dragon that spit real flames, cheap beer, new graffiti everyday and a loads of party personalities.... While we are in the nightlife subject, let me tell you about the pub crawl, very popular in Berlin. I did the tour called the Insomniac Tour, that start
Deutscher BundestagDeutscher BundestagDeutscher Bundestag

Berlin parliament 2008
almost every day in the high season at the bike shop at the bottom of the TV tower (S-ban Alexander Platz). I've been two times in Berlin, i did the tour each time, was entirely satisfied with the party i had, one word CRAZY!!!!!

Now for those who want to know more about Berlin history, really feel what the city was like during the last century, go to the Story of Berlin (S-ban Zoostation), a very complete museum that will take to a trip you'll never forget. Have you ever been in a nuclear bunker?

If you want to have a good panorama of Berlin, you have 2 options, the TV tower, the highest spot in town (around 10euros), or the Deutscher Bundestag (the parliament, free of charge) with a beautifull architecture. For the second option i'll suggest you to go very early in the morning, i personnaly was there at the opening hour and did not regret it one bit, just take a look to the line-up you'll see at the exit.... I'll suggest as well the Wall museum, that you will find at Check Point Charlie, a walk to the wall of terror(at the emplacement of the SS HQ) and of corse the free walking place that you'll find every day in the high season at the Brandenburg Gate (close to the Starbucks).

So there you go, you know what you need to get a kickass start in Berlin the city that never sleeps....






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Pub Crawl souvenir (i'm the first on the right side)Pub Crawl souvenir (i'm the first on the right side)
Pub Crawl souvenir (i'm the first on the right side)

in a pub crawl in Berlin, i'm the first one on the right)


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb