Berlin - day 2


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
May 4th 2008
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We had an epic day today. It started out with all you can eat breakfast in our hostel (really cool place) then we went to a market in the neighbourhood. I bought some things, mostly some funky pictures. It was in a park and it was super nice to stroll the vendors with the sun shining and the locals searching for treasures. We then headed towards some of the monuments and buildings. We did not see the wall monument yet, but saw pieces of the wall on display and toured an existing part of the building that was used as headquarters for the SS (german socialist police) and the gustapo. They had all these boards with information and pictures of the history behind the wall, and the concentration camps. It was pretty disturbing but interesting to see. It is good that they are working to preserve this history, even though it is a dark time, for others to understand what happened.

After a long day we were hungry, exhausted, thirsty and our feet hurt so we had an awesome dinner at an Indian restaurant on a patio by the street. I think we are going to call it an early night and will most likely have a long day of wondering tomorrow.

peace from Berlin,

K

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb