....from paris to berlin with every disco......


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 23rd 2007
Published: June 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys
Having a great time so far cant believe ive only been away a week feels like way longer. Thanks for a fab leaving weekend at the 02 wireless needless to say i was still vomiting in paris airport...what a lady an advocate of brits abroad!

I will keep this pretty short and sweet i dont want to bore you all too much. Paris was great staying in a pretty basic hostel sharing a room with a completely neurotic girl. Serious shades of lucy from uni girls... An oh so posh girl working as a lap dancer for stringfellows in paris. Had been staying in her friends mansion until she got kicked out heaven knows what for and was caught weeping, shouting and swearing at members of staff for not letting her leave her luggage at her chosen location.
Spent the majority of the time at the sacre coeur admiring the view of the city, the eiffel tower, arch de triumph the louvre etc etc In fact pretty much nailed the whole of paris sightseeing in 2 days. Dont panic though there was still plenty of time for smoozing round (with no money spent unfortunately) chanel, cartier, dior
moulin rougemoulin rougemoulin rouge

.....after leaving capscan and saying bonvoyage to computer sales andy had a great idea for a new line of work.......
and drinking copious amounts of red wine.....(lindsey it was cheese heaven)

Arrived in Berlin on the 21/06....I absolutley lurrrrrrrve it.
stayed in a really cool hostel with a great sports bar attached where plenty of time was spent drinking beer (yes i do that now ladies) and obviously it meant i could keep up to date with all my favourite football results (pah!). Berlin is a vibrant city with a great atmosphere. Less chic than paris but more quirky and off the wall. Great for shopping, bars and clubs Whilst we were there chromeo and daft punk were doing gigs, there was a huge free music festival and the mardi gras. Historically, its obviously a fascinating city like true tourists went on a city tour in the torrential rain (its always like that in manchester anyway). Saw the bradenburg gate, the reichstag, the museum square and the very moving holocaust memorial and museum.

The most important fact i learned however, was in 1989 when the german people of east belin who had been restricted by 50 years of communism were finally allowed into the golden paved streets of 'free will'' west berlin. The first thing the east berliners
sacre coeursacre coeursacre coeur

The village hostel..... ok ok the sacre coeur!About two minutes walk from the hostel tho which is still pretty cool.
wanted to do when they passed through checkpoint charlie was to experience the cultural phenomenon of the cinema. That night in october every cinema in berlin was sold out.....and what life changing film do you think they watched?.......the one and only dirty dancing!!! (can you imagine the response to now i had the time of my life?) It was then follwed by a 72hr bender where every drop of alcohol in berlin was finished (patrick can have that effect on anyone!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Like a true northern monkey i dont care if its raining im going to wear my strappless dress.....im on holiday!!!!


30th June 2007

my word you seem to be having a fab time! keep us posted! Its rain rain rain here ohhh and guess what more rain! xxxxxx

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb