Heading to Dinkelsbuhl on Romantic Road


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
August 26th 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.0689, 10.3202

Tuesday, August 26

Today, we headed back towards Frankfurt. We wanted to be in FRA on Wednesday night, so we could meet the Captain and Barbara on Thursday morning. So, I booked us another hotel back in Dinkelsbuhl. This was an easy day for us, as we only drove about 100 miles back up the Auto-Bahn. We did pull off the Auto-Bahn for 3 hours in the city of Ulm and walked through this town. We parked in a parking garage and went to the city center. This was a much larger city than the previous villages we had visited. The city is noted for its large cathedral. It has the largest/tallest cathedral in the world. We got there just before noon and there was an organ concert schedule at that time. Glenn was thrilled that he got his church organ concert checked off of his bucket list. We did walk around the city a little bit. It was big and modern, but it also had a small town feel.

We stopped and bought a strudel, pretzel, ham and bread from a local bakery store. And we sat on a park bench right in front of the cathedral and watched
people walk by. The city of Ulm is where Albert Einstein was born. It was filled with walking streets which made it enjoyable to enjoy the sights and sounds of this town.

After 3 hours we headed out. We got into Dinkelsbuhl mid afternoon and walked around. This town is very similar to Rothenburg, but not as popular and crowded with tourist. It does have an old wall around the complete city. It started raining so Glenn and I sat under a awning on a bench, pulled out some bread and an apple and ate our supper as we watched the world walk by, but since it was raining, there wasn't too much activity. I had booked this pension, Pension Romantico because it had an indoor pool. Glenn and I went downstairs to the pool and enjoyed the water, then the hot steam sauna. We visited with a guy from Poland in the steam shower. As we were walking back to the pool, I slipped on the wet tile floor, flat on my bottom. Ouch. I was hurting and have been hurting several weeks since.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb