KLW 5 Wildsteig


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Wildsteig
July 27th 2017
Published: July 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Really good day' walk through fields and forests and although there were a few hills (few too many according to Julie) it was pleasant and pretty easy. The rain held off until the last 2 hours but it was drizzle only and really we stayed dry so that made the walk infinitely more pleasant and pleasurable than yesterday. Again our room and balcony look like a laundry but the room is so big the drying takes up only a fraction. Our room has a lobby, huge bathroom, a dinning area for 4, a double balcony with table and chairs, a sofa and an arm chair, a double wardrobe and a big bed so the laundry corner pales into insignificance.

Pieting didn't improve its image much as we skirted the industrial zone to get back on the track. Not sure why our accommodation was so far off the KLW but... Here we join several other walks (Romantic Way, St Jacobs and 2 or 3 others) so walking symbols are everywhere. Even so we missed a super obvious one and walked probably 2 km extra which was pretty dumb. The way was clearly marked we must have been distracted and simply not looked. We expected the next turn to be about 700 m away, we walked the 700 and said if the turn doesn't come within the next 200 m something is wrong and it was so the 900 m or so we were out had to be retraced (hence the 2 km) and then put right.

Again we came across another church. Quite a nice one and one with a really good cake and coffee shop where we just missed Susan and her dog but caught her partner, the bike rider. We have seen them several times and they always give us a warm welcome.

People said the church was 'broke' but it looked fine to me. I've included a couple of photos, perhaps you can see something 'broke'.

We are at another 'zur post' guest house here in Wildsteig. I've worked out the 'steig' part must mean 'no way' as there's not much wild here in Wildsteig. The highlight has been a quick tour through the hotel kitchen because I complimented the chef on his strudel pastry (no euphemism there either!). The hotel does though pride itself on their cuisine so I am readying myself for some form of pig and potatoes.

Over the next 2 days we have almost 60 km to walk. So I'll have to go and study the map, directions and guide book so I know what's in store for us.

Lee is flying to Manchester as I type so Facebook will be even more confused as posts come from Lee in the UK, from me in Germany via Lee in the UK and from Andrew and Peter who could be anywhere but aren't here despite what Facebook says!

See you soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb