Hacia "As Torres de Oeste". Towards "As Torres de Oeste"


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
July 14th 2014
Published: July 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

A summer of journeys.

From HC. Andersen Centre, Odense to Ladby Museet, Kerterminde, Denmark. Flight to Nürnberg. And the next route is: from Germany, flight to Madrid. By road to Catoira.

You can read in this blog about Catoira and As Torres de Oeste. Legends of vikings, celtic nature, and "poesía gallega". Find space for me in your agenda and let me tell you about this side of Pontevedra, where the ría Ulloa flows. In some days, I will be back with stories.

To publish a "travel blog", is an experiment following my own research of travel writting. How the speed of the media, affects the travel narration.

This is the chronology of the travel:

2011: A scene in my mind, when a press travel to Viveiro, talking about viking heritage in the region. "Material proofs, written testimonies, are there any?" I remember that was Jens asking...

http://casadegalicia.xunta.es/es/web/guest/actualidad/-/asset_publisher/4LfE/content/id/44607

2011: Writting a documentary about "Roskilde and Catoira"...friends at cinema, help me to make it real.

2012: Working in a course of Spanish language, my pupils hear about the"viking romería" for the first time.

2013: Travel-Viking project is admitted as a press travel, and this story begins to be writen in my mind.

2014: Paradise in Kerterminde,! and a visit to Ladby Museet, the other viking museum in Denmark.

And now...the sommer of this viking journey has arrived. See you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb