Youth Hostel Part III


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
July 11th 2008
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the last day before we left Frankreich, we were almost smited. To make a long story short, some of the girls were going to mess with our room, we found out and made a boobie trap, and finally they taped a lot of stuff in our room to the walls and sprung our trap, getting water all over the floor. That was it. No big deal, we were just going to clean it up. Well, an unnamed 3rd party character went to our teachers, going, "Umm, I don't know if you know it, but umm, there's something going on in room 105. Umm, I think someone laid a trap, blah blah blah blah." I would like to point out that this tattletale was not even staying in the room that got messed up, and the four of us who WERE actually living there thought it was funny. So anyway, some people were there and saw the teacher get super duper mad and told all of the people involved. Since Conner and I had made the counter-terrorist trap that got water everywhere, we were also involved. So we avoided the teachers for hours until the 11:00 meeting. We get there and everyone is nervous, since almost everyone was in on at least part of what happened. We go over the normal stuff in fear of getting punished for something, and in the end, they just thought it was a little bit stupid but not malicious. I mean, the people who did it were the ones hanging out with the "victims."

But anyway, that's not the point. The last day was really nice, especially the tour in the morning. Sometimes tours can be over our heads or just too long, but this one was really interesting the entire time and the two hours seemed to go by quickly. It's a lot cooler knowing the history of something and little things about it than just seeing a pretty building or work of art. Something that I thought was cool was that the brewers there still use the ancient gangways underneath the city as cooling rooms for their beer. During WWII, all of those paths were used to hide famous art and valuable town possesions from the bombing. There is so much to say that I can't get it all in, so I will just leave you with some pictures. Our trip there was awesome and when I come back to Germany again, I am definitely making a stop in Nuremberg.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Obviously symoblic rabbit bursting out of a penObviously symoblic rabbit bursting out of a pen
Obviously symoblic rabbit bursting out of a pen

An artist named Albrecht Durur lived in Nuernberg and got famous for his rabbit drawings. The people there think that his rabbits have outgrew him in popularity, and he is being forgotten, thus, the rabbit sculpture.


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 17; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb