Visiting With Friends


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
November 16th 2016
Published: November 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Travelling is always better when you visit with friends. All the hard work of dealing with unknown places and the unfamiliar is exciting and rewarding, but a few hours or days with friends who just “know,” is luxurious. Travel guides may well point to the same places, but the delight of discovering the absolutely best treat, is doubled by the look of pride on the face of the friend who be-gifted you this local treasure. For those who live away from the familiarity of home, being able to share some hard won local knowledge with visitors is gold. Exploring new places with friends (old and new) is amazing.

Over the last three years, I have been privileged to visit with many wonderful people in eight countries. Sharing a meal, visiting homes and even staying for days, weeks or months has enabled me to see the world through very different eyes. In Okinawa I was blessed with 12 groups of guests, some old friends and others who I first met when they walked through my door. Tanoshi omoide o takusan tsukurimashita - we made many good memories together!

Catching up, sharing amazing food, doing ordinary and extraordinary things together, playing games, and learning new things about the world has been awesome. The thank you list is very long. This collection of photographs is far from comprehensive but my thanks go to every one of you. By Christmas, we will be back in Chez Kintore. There is always time and space for friends to come and visit. Sincere and heart felt thanks to everyone (you all know who you are!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



16th November 2016

joy
what an odyssey! its been such a pleasure following your journey... im looking forward to catching up sometime in the near future : )) trees
16th November 2016

Fellow Traveller
Thanks for your constant feedback Trees. I look forward to swapping travel tales with you soon.

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb