From Sunny Summer to Rainy Spring


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
June 19th 2016
Published: June 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

I left the sunny Mediterranean world, and temperatures in the mid-30s, yesterday for cool, rainy Germany. A bit of a shock!

It was great to see brother Dave at the airport - our flights arrived at almost the same time. We picked up our bikes - they're a bit clunky, but should be OK for riding along the Danube. We decided to stay a second night in Munich before starting the ride, since Sunday was forecast to be pretty wet (and, as I write, it's coming down pretty hard). Call us wimps, but we didn't fancy getting soaked on the first day of riding!

We'll start out retracing some of the route Lynn and I rode in 1987. When I looked at the map I found I even remembered the names of a couple of the villages we passed through back then. The plan is to ride to Ulm, then get onto the bike superhighway that follows the Danube downstream, following that for a few days. Then we'll cut across to another river, the Isar, and head upstream back towards Munich.

The forecast is dry weather, apart from a bit of rain next weekend - here's hoping it's right.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb