Birthday of Munich!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
June 14th 2014
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today is a big day in the city. It is the celebration of the birthday of Munich!

Before heading to the main town square to take in the festivities we went to the Deutsches Museum. This museum is on the scale with the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. It traces the evolution of science and technology. There are three branches but after six hours we had only touched the surface of one branch. We saw engines, airplanes, rockets, electrical exhibits, nuclear exhibits, nanotechnology exhibits, marine exhibits, and a massive mining exhibit. The extent of detail that went into all that we saw is incredible. But no pictures are allowed to be placed on the internet.

After viewing all the mind boggling displays and exhibits we were ready for some fun. The Munich Birthday Party was in full swing. We listened to a few bands and watched the Bavarian Germans celebrate. What was interesting was that the rock bands played American rock songs. And the crowd loved it! We have heard American rock n roll in every country we have been in. The world loves our music!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb