The Munich WINE festival


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
August 17th 2008
Published: August 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello from the Fatherland, we,ve had a lovely couple of days in munich.
Our train from Paris arrived on time but unfortunately we were poorly rested after some anglo-deutsch disagreements about whether the couchette windows should be open. The air conditioning was broken and therefore it was like a sauna in hell on the top bunks, unfortunately Frasiers german cousins did not quite comprehend why we wanted the window open and furthermore why we both kept getting up to leave the couchette!!

Anyway on saturday evening after a nice walk around the city we found ourselves at the Löwenbräu brewery, currywurst and cold lager, not much else a man could want!
On sunday with the town distinctly quiter we headed up to the englischegarten and had a lovely afternoon in the sun! As a good englishman I had a ride on a pedalo but unlike Mr flintoff managed to remain in the boat. We then stumbled across the munich wine festival not wanting to be rude sat and tried the different riesling and mosels from around the region.
Munich is a pleasant, relaxed city, with some magnificent architecture and generally a warm welcome from our euro neighbours


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



19th August 2008

Pithy comment #1
Tom, you're on the trip of a lifetime, why don't you bloody smile once in a while? Have fun, and look after your camera this time.
19th August 2008

Meine Apologies!
Sorry about ze foolz on the ze treen! Vee have e history of finding it very hard to compromize....sorry to you!! End to Poland, end Belgium, end to Tschekoslowakai end.....
20th August 2008

tom you look a proper old world casanova in that hat n glasses combo! miss you both even more looking at your posts. not long now!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb