Day 10 - the one to Munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
August 6th 2019
Published: August 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

After enjoying our last breakfast in Bologna, we had a couple of hours before our train to have a final walk around the city. We were certainly glad that we did as we found the two towers, which are mentioned in Dante’s Inferno. Bologna has its own leaning tower. Other highlights were exploring some of the smaller side streets with some of the market areas including fish, fruit etc. A vibrant city.

The walk did help us to prepare for the 6.5 hour train from Bologna to Munich - we were glad we got on in Bologna as there were more getting on in Verona.

The train goes through the Brenner pass which is near the Italian/Austrian border in the Tyrol. The views are stunning looking across the towns, mountains and marvelling at the amazing engineering in building some of the roads. The time went so quickly - definitely the best train route so far.

Arriving in Munich, we checked in to the hotel and headed out to explore Munich and find some supper. The city was still buzzing and we did a whistle stop tour of the sights of Munich including Marienplatz with the impressive Rathaus. We found a popular restaurant ‘Augustiner Klosterwirt’ where we both enjoyed a huge portion of Weiner schnitzel (photo below). It was well received after a day of travel.

Last day of our travels tomorrow as we head back to London to complete our journey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb