Foot isn't big enough for HP's rear


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 30th 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.1391, 11.5802

Okay folks there is one stupid man on this trip. We elected to avoid both Munchen and the autobahn and instead traveled through some Bavarian farmlands and briefly visited a beautiful lake with mountains and mist. Then some idiot deleted all of these during the visit to Nymphenburg Palace. He attempted to make excuses to Bird about the camera being at fault, but she ignored his pleas only looking for his rear to kick again. He deserved it!!

Well okay, we do have some pictures of the Nymphenburg Palace. This is new for us, but as big as it is one would think we would have visited. Worse than that, it has never been on our radar.

This palace reminds us of an attempt to emulate Versailles. There are indeed grand aspects, especially the grand hall and paintings on the ceilings. What we were most struck by, however, were the carriages. They were magnificent. We also conversed about the expense of this palace by the Electorate of Bavaria (read small king). The people must have been bled dry from this spending. This is well before Germany became united, so we are only speaking of Bavaria (sections of south Germany).

So Oktoberfest is tomorrow. Hope it lives up to our expectations. We understand it is huge. We promise a report.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb