The perfect end to the perfect trip


Advertisement
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Hallbergmoos
May 7th 2018
Published: October 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Last day. It went too fast but we were gonna make the best of things. We woke to the prettiest morning of the entire trip. Not a cloud in the sky and the bluest of skies greeted us down in the Frühstückzimmer. We tanked up with the usual assortment of goodies from the buffet making sure to only take as much as we could finish. Nothing for the road. We were able to pull the car up closer ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

This one old churchThis one old church
This one old church

Inside the monastery church we learned that parts of the building go back to the 11th Century.
A great way to make sure you don't sleep during the sermonA great way to make sure you don't sleep during the sermon
A great way to make sure you don't sleep during the sermon

Could they possibly design any less comfortable seats? Leaning back in these seats meant a sharp poke in the spine from the top railing of these benches. They look a lot like old toilet seats. Maybe that's why they're called "pews".
Unfortunately we were not shipwreckedUnfortunately we were not shipwrecked
Unfortunately we were not shipwrecked

I would have loved to stay for another beer at one of the taverns on the island but I wasn't sure how bad traffic might get on our way back toward Munich airport. We decided to head on to our final destination just before 4 pm.
Of course everyone calms down once I bring up my cameraOf course everyone calms down once I bring up my camera
Of course everyone calms down once I bring up my camera

The Witzbolder (clowns) German group was having a good old raucous time on the ride back to Prien until I decided to sneak a picture of them acting totally un-German.
Done for the dayDone for the day
Done for the day

We may never have a more perfect day to cruise on the Chiemsee than we had today. Even though it was more crowded than I expected it wasn't the madhouse I'm sure that one sees during the Summer. And even though the boats run during the Winter it's no fun disembarking because it gets darn cold on those islands.
I'm not sure if these still run or notI'm not sure if these still run or not
I'm not sure if these still run or not

These were obviously old rail cars that once brought passengers from Munich and/or Salzburg to Germany's biggest inland lake. I think they were museum pieces but there was no signs indicating such. The rail line doesn't appear to run all the way up to the boats.
What else but Spargelsuppe?What else but Spargelsuppe?
What else but Spargelsuppe?

Sorry for being boring and predictable but when I find something I like I stick to it. Besides, I never see creamy white asparagus soup on menus back home. As usual this was excellent.
Another great beverageAnother great beverage
Another great beverage

Beer as it was meant to be. Simple ingredients. Golden, crisp and light. No need for blueberries, coffee, oats, chocolate or clams to be added.
That Schnitzel's the shizzleThat Schnitzel's the shizzle
That Schnitzel's the shizzle

For those of you unfamiliar with the concept that glass dish in the upper left is an "ashtray". I'm not really sure why it was on our table as smoking is banned in German restaurants and throughout the rest of the civilized world. By the way, that Wiener Schnitzel was awesome. And the German's make incredible Frites (fries).
The Gasthof Neuwirt breakfast buffetThe Gasthof Neuwirt breakfast buffet
The Gasthof Neuwirt breakfast buffet

These German breakfasts have to be seen to be believed. I went to town on soft-boiled eggs.
The perfect way to make a sandwichThe perfect way to make a sandwich
The perfect way to make a sandwich

After making a choice from any one of maybe 5 different types of rolls you then can stuff it with these varied meats and cheeses along with farm fresh butter or cream cheese. Here they even had some kind of disgusting looking dried fish.
And let's not forget the juice and hot drinks.And let's not forget the juice and hot drinks.
And let's not forget the juice and hot drinks.

Every place we stayed offered a breakfast with REAL orange juice. Hera at Gasthof Neuwirt we also had apple juice, coffee, hot chocolate and the choice of ten different kinds of tea.
Tschuss mein FreundTschuss mein Freund
Tschuss mein Freund

I was gonna miss our new pal. Shipping would take a few weeks and then we had to wait for her to clear customs in South Carolina before we would head down to the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg for delivery.
No that's not our planeNo that's not our plane
No that's not our plane

We passed this unique little food truck on our way from dropping off the car at Loginout to the airline ticket counter. Even for us it was too early for a final beer.
Servus BayernServus Bayern
Servus Bayern

Thankfully the pleasant clear weather continued even as we flew out of Munich on our way home. We couldn't have asked for a smoother flight. All part of the perfect getaway.
Addendum Addendum
Addendum

A week after our trip our European Delivery BMW was onboard a ship headed to the US. I found a webcam that showed our car being loaded aboard in Hamburg.



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb