Day 3 - Koblenz, Germany to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Garmisch-Partenkirchen
September 8th 2014
Published: September 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After leaving the Hotel B&B at around 8:30ish, we headed for the Rhine and decided to follow that all the way to Bingen. We followed this route as the distance and time is about the same and we got to see the beautiful Rhine river and valley. A lot of castles, but not a lot of places to stop and take pictures. It didn't help that it was very foggy. Along the Rhine, we saw a lot of wine rows, and when I say a lot, I mean miles and miles of wine rows.

We soon headed onto the autobahn and headed for the Hockenheim Motorsport museum and track. The museum wasn't much cop, a lot of bikes, not a lot of cars, but you can't complain about the price of €6. The track was open, and you could venture onto the grandstands and watch what we thought was an open track day for bikes. That was quite good and we watched for about 15 minutes before heading out.

After a few hours on the autobahn, we soon were in sight of the Alps. What a view. We had to go through a 7km tunnel to get to Garmisch, but when you got on the other side, you were greeted to Germany's biggest mountain, Zugspitze. Such a bloody big mountain above a beautiful town, I would definitely recommend coming here for a weekend. We stayed in the Best Western Hotel Obermühle, which was beautiful. Swimming pool, sauna's and a gym meant that everyone decided to relax in the hotel before heading into town for a meal. The Motoscape organisers recommended a little bar/restaurant/casino/nightclub called Peaches Music Bar. Good food and a lots of areas to eat. After that, we headed back to the hotel after a long drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb